rutland ježek, a law firm in Prague is pleased to invite its clients and friends to a 3 years anniversary party Read more
rutland ježek, a Czech law firm on tax information exchange agreements Read more
rutland ježek, a Prague law firm on inheritance of foreigners according to Czech law Read more
Czech law firm rutland ježek has succeeded in the independent evaluation of the quality of the law offices in the Czech Republic for the areas of Banking, finance and capital markets as well as Real estate and construction for the year 2013... Read more
rutland ježek, a Czech law firm in Prague on changes in list of countries whose citizens are entitled to apply for Czech green cards Read more
Czech law firm rutland ježek has succeeded in the independent evaluation of the quality of the law offices in the Czech Republic as "other notable" law office in the Czech Republic for the areas of Banking and project finance, Capital markets, Mergers and acquisitions and Restructuring and insolvency for the year 2013... Read more
Intellectual Property & Competition Law
rutland ježek provides its clients with legal counseling in the area of intellectual property, with particular focus on copyright law and related rights, internet domain names, privacy and data protection, trademark registration and trademark disputes.
Our IP's practice is led by Mr. Michael Novák who has a significant experience in advising software and telecommunication companies. Mr. Michal Novák is supported by two junior associates, Mr. Petr Miroš and Mr. Michal Dobiáš.
Our fields of expertise are:
- Copyright and related rights: protection of collective works such as films, licensing, distribution, agency, contract manufacturer, endorsement and sponsorship, sale and other forms of disposal of IP rights, employee works issues, parallel imports, architectonic litigations
- Software and computer programs: development and protection, licensing agreements, mobile application and technology licensing agreement, software litigations
- Internet: copyright infringement, domain name disputes, website Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policies, e-commerce law, Internet defamation, privacy and cloud computing matters, false advertising, spam law compliance, communication with webmasters
- Trademarks: registration of Czech and EU trademarks, their renewal, representing before Czech Industrial Property Office and OHIM, trademark disputes
- Unfair competition: misleading advertising, misleading marking goods and services, conduct contributing to mistaken identity, parasitic use of the reputation of competitor's enterprise, product or services, bribery, disparagement, comparative advertising, violation of trade secrets and endangering the health of consumers and the environment in the Czech Republic
- Franchising: franchise agreement and negotiation of franchise agreements on behalf of the franchisor and franchisee
- Protection of trade names and know - how, confidentiality agreements
In addition to the above-mentioned services, lawyers at rutland ježek provide the clients with corporate and commercial legal support, in particular, with respect to Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and representation of clients within the course of various contact negotiations. We also specialize in Czech competition law and advise our clients on how to apply competition law to protect themselves against unfair competition on the part of their competitors.